As the temperature drops, it’s time to amp up your style drama for fall. Dark and mysterious is the name of the game in fashion and this should also hold true for your nails and makeup. Find inspiration in Tadashi Shoji’s Fall 2016 runway show. Influenced by obsidian-gemstones and the serpentine lines found in elaborate tattoos, Tadashi’s collection was every bit as alluring as the night. Skin beautification is at its core so extend that to your beauty routine.
ButterLondon’s Global Colour Ambassador Katie Jane Hughes and makeup artist James Kaliardos created our edgy runway looks. Duplicate the arresting and sexy looks by following our step-by-step guides below.
METALLIC NAIL ART
1. On nails, apply Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black with a fan brush in a sideswipe motion, like windshield wipers, to create a textured look across entire nail.
2. Shape nails into a round, almost pointy-but not dagger-like-nail.
3. Apply a small amount of glue to the tips of the nail in a random pattern keeping every nail different.
4. Apply gold foil (that you can get at any craft store) on top of the glue with a manicure stick.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 on all nails.
2. Keep the bronze on the lid itself.
3. Then pull it up and blend into the blacker shade in the direct center of the eye socket.